Tuesday 29 March 2011

Dark Places

When I first started writing my Cruelty Free book, I had no idea of all the dark places I would have to re-visit.

Places where animals are caged and treated appallingly before, terrified out of their wits and knowing what's coming (nobody can tell me different), they are killed by someone not fit to live on the same planet as them.

Places where animals are given poison just so some vacuous person can be wrinkle free and look like a freak. Who looks good with an ironed face?

Places where someone would rather wear the carcass of a dead animal than see the beautiful animal it belongs to in the wild.

I read all these things and I think I am in the middle of a nightmare. This cannot be real, but it is.

How can we call this humanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment