Saturday 24 February 2018

A Review of Tesco vegan mac and cheese - A wasted opportunity



When I saw Tesco had brought out vegan (gluten, wheat, dairy, egg free) mac and cheese, I was pretty excited. This to me is the ultimate vegan feast.

Sadly, the meal didn't live up to the hype mainly because of the overpowering taste of mustard. 

Yep, like so many foods manufacturers make for the vegetarian/vegan market, Tesco probably think they have to spice things up because they believe the myth that vegetarian and vegan food is tasteless. Hence an overdose of mustard that completely ruined the taste of this for me. It was so strong only eating some liquorice (Panda's original vegan) got rid of it.

This was a pity because without this mustard the mac and cheese would have been tasty. 

Using macaroni pasta was a good move as I find rice pasta can be a bit bland. 






The sauce was also a nice consistency but it could have done with some yeast flakes. The parsley was also a nice touch.

Overall I'd rate this 3 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment